L-R: Steve Baranick, Glenn Stevenson, Joe Hansell, Ed Rushing, Ron Barnhart
MVUDSS BOARD MEMBERS
JOB DESCRIPTION – STEVE BARANICK
1. Discuss w/Adrian Williams (951-943-8110 x101, 951-836-2473 cell) BLD availability for upcoming season.
2. Generate files –
a. draft list (for fall season)
b. game/umpire schedule, standings -> website/Schedule & Standings
rules -> website/Rules & Policies , rosters w/player ratings & emergency contacts -> website/Rosters
c. actual/projected budget
3. Schedule, rules, rosters w/player ratings & emergency contacts -> clipboards
4. Contact players (new/existing) regarding their status for draft/upcoming season.
5. Contact out-of-area managers regarding their roster status for upcoming season and interface with same during season regarding roster status.
6. Generate list of draftees for upcoming fall season.
7. Determine league fees (based on 2.c. above) and interface with/contact managers/players regarding payment.
1. Contact umpires to confirm availability.
2. Bring to games –
a. 2 boxes w/softballs, umpire money ($30/game),
2 clipboards w/scorecards, schedule, rules, rosters w/player ratings & emergency contacts
b. 2 umpire countdown timers
d. 2 scoreboards (already at park)
1. Update standings -> website/Schedule & Standings page.
2. Update next games’ schedule -> website/Home page.
1. Update files as required -
schedule, standings, rules, policies, rosters w/player ratings, emergency contacts, & team assignment order; Player Finder data.
2. Update Home Page and other pages (see files in 1. above) as required -> website.
3. Rainouts. Note: schedule makeup games, update website/Schedule, contact managers, players, and umpires.
4. Update rules w/adopted new SSUSA rules (for end fall/start spring season) -> website/Rules & Policies.
1. Schools First Credit Union –
a. Deposit league fees
b. Withdraw umpire money
2. Pay bills – BLD field rental ($50/field/day), umpires ($30/game), softballs, awards, etc.
3. Continually update actual/projected budget file during the season.
CO-CHIEF UMPIRE (w/Joe Hansell)
1. Resolve potential rule misinterpretations during games.
2. Keep Board informed of any SSUSA rule changes and propose changes to Board for incorporation into MVUDSS rules.
3. Backup umpire.
AED UNIT MANAGER
1. Maintain the AED in a safe/secure location.
2. Transport the AED to all league games.
3. Ensure that the AED unit is fully functional.
4. Identify a backup for transporting the unit in the event of his unavailability.
DIRECTOR – BOB KAPELLER MEMORIAL TOURNAMENT (BKMT)
1. Get teams, generate game schedule, update website pre- and post-tournament, etc.
2. Liaison with BLD/Adrian Williams and team managers.
3. Secure tournament date and backup date in the event of a rainout/cancellation.
4. Contact SSUSA, regarding adding BKMT to its recreational tournament list.
5. Collect tournament fees and team rosters.
6. Contact Tim LeBlanc/CEO 4P4P, 951-565-08449, firstname.lastname@example.org
7. Pay bills.
1. Final regular season standings, playoff results, article -> website/Archives
2. Photos players/teams -> website/Pictures
3. Awards/Dan Haveron (760-650-5812, 10753 E. Terra Dr, Scottsdale, AZ 85258),
David Willey/ColorMgc (801-361-3426),
Bill Bennett/BennettMedia (951-830-1383)
4. Message -> SSUSA Message Board/Players Looking to Join a Team, re. next season,
Valley News, Kim Harris/managing editor, 858-349-3971 (cell), email@example.com; re. next season
1. Point of contact for current players, new players, BLD/Adrian Williams
2. Board Meetings – schedule meeting, prepare agenda, conduct meeting; review and post minutes (from Hansell) -> website/Board Minutes
3. Lost and Found e-mail to league players.
JOB DESCRIPTION – JOE HANSELL
1. Record Board meeting minutes.
2. Generate draft versions of minutes for Board review and final versions for website.
3. Conduct player draft.
Perform duties of the Treasurer in his absence.
CO-CHIEF UMPIRE (w/Steve Baranick)
1. Resolve potential rule misinterpretations during games.
2. Backup umpire.
1. Generate draft versions of rules and policies for Board review and final versions for website.
2. Generate draft order file/form and conduct player draft (for fall season).
JOB DESCRIPTION – ED RUSHING
1. Maintain an e-mail list of regular BP participants and inform them of BPs.
2. Purchase Rock softballs.
3. Collect BP participant fees.
4. Ensure pitching screen(s) are brought to BP (Mon, Fri – Wheatfield Park, Wed – BLD).
5. Coordinate BLD field availability with Adrian Williams.
Bring to games – 2 pitching screens (already at park).
JOB DESCRIPTION – GLENN STEVENSON
Ensure the web servers, hardware and software are operating accurately.
Generate and revise web pages.
Examine and analyze site traffic.
Utilize scripting languages.
Configure web server.
Serve as the server administrator.
Regulate and manage access rights of different users on website.
Create and modify appearance and setting of site.
Lay out content on web pages
Fix links that don’t work and pictures that aren’t appearing properly.
Decide how site’s content will be delivered to the Internet.
Test different browsers to ensure access to website.
Repair pitching screens.
BKMT HR Derby Coordinator
JOB DESCRIPTION – RON BARNHART
LIAISON WITH BLD
Communicate and coordinate activities between the league and BLD.
BKMT Head Umpire (get umpires, generate umpire schedule).
JOB DESCRIPTION – ALL BOARD MEMBERS
1. Attend Board meetings, vote on league issues (grievances, disciplinary action, rules, policies, etc.),
and review meeting minutes.
2. Rate full-time/pool players (for fall season) and new post-draft players; including attending BPs to try out and/or rate new players.
JOB DESCRIPTION – MIKE GRAVES
AED PROGRAM MANAGER
Initial and on-going training of users in AED use.
Documenting the training of all users of the AED.
Maintaining a current list of all trained users with contact numbers.
Reporting all cardiac incidents to the local EMS agency and other agencies, as applicable.
Ensuring the manufacturer’s instructions are with the AED at all times.
Establishing the routine testing (battery, pads, cleaning, parts, etc.) of the AED and who/how/when this will be done.
Overseeing the routine maintenance and servicing of the AED.
Overseeing the documentation of all maintenance/service records for the AED.
Providing the BOD with a quarterly review of the AED program.
Ordering repair/service on the AED including replacement parts.
Documenting the use of the AED on a player. Appointing an AED Unit Coordinator.