MVUDSS safety measures focus on player/spectator social contact, the dugout, and the game.
Social Contact before, during, and after games:
- Temperatures will be taken upon entry to the park. Players with temperatures at or above 100.4 F will be asked, and required, to leave the premises.
- There will be a “no-contact, no-handshake policy”. This includes all physical contact, such as manager/umpire pre-game meetings and post-game handshakes with the other team members.
- Players will be expected to maintain social distancing before and after the game – and during the game when possible. If social distancing isn’t practical, players are strongly encouraged to wear face masks or shields.
- Managers will be responsible for keeping any sick players or players in quarantine from attending the games.
- Plate meetings are limited to the umpire and one manager/player per team and are to maintain social distance.
- Keep 6 feet social distance in and out of dugout. Players will be required to separate and in most cases be in and out of the dugout on the outside of the field fences to maintain space.
- We strongly encourage players to wear masks when in the dugouts during the game.
- Sanitizers will be placed in each dugout.
- It will be mandatory for catchers to wear a covering over their nose and mouth.
- Players and coaches are instructed not to share equipment.
- Softballs are to be kept in their original package until they are introduced into the game.
- There will be a new ball for each game.
- Players and coaches are strongly encouraged to wear face protection (masks or face shields) during games and it is strongly encouraged that they wear face protection between games.
- Umpires are required to wear face protection (masks or face shields).
- Temperatures will be taken upon entry to the park. Spectators with temperatures at or above 100.4 F will be asked, and required, to leave the premises. If social distancing isn’t practical, spectators are strongly encouraged to wear face masks or shields.
- Spectators will be requested to bring their own chairs – bleachers may be unavailable, or used as part of the expansion of the dugout.
- It is strongly encouraged that spectators wear face masks or shields.
- Spectators are required to maintain 6 feet social distance.
- Players/teams will be asked to sign a waiver recognizing potential danger of both injury and contracting of illnesses during league play.