Congratulations, 55 Shades of Gray!
Spring 2016 Menifee Valley Upper Division Senior Softball Champions
The Fall 2016/Spring 2017 draft is tentatively scheduled for Monday, August 29 and Wednesday, August 31.
The Fall 2016 TBD-game regular season will start on September 12, 2016 and run through mid- to late-December;
followed by playoffs.
The Riverside Community Office on Aging is hosting a 6-inning exhibition game in which our league has been asked to participate. The game will be played at Villegas Park, 3091 Esperanza St, Riverside on Friday, August 19 at 9:00 am.
Tom Jadwin will form two 13-man teams comprised of players from our current eight league teams.
The June 22, July 6, and July 27 Batting Practices at BLD will be moved to Spencer's Crossing/Murrieta due to the youth world series tournaments and Southern California Senior Championships at BLD.
Currently no games scheduled for July 25; however, BLD will be unavailable due to the Girls' Fast Pitch World Series.
* All teams will be seeded based on the SSUSA seeding criteria.
* The top four teams will play a single-elimination playoff for the league championship.
* Teams may pick up players from the league players, the waiting list, or the player pool.
* The higher seed will have its choice of home or visitor.
* Awards will be presented to the two playoff finalists.
Rule Additions/Changes: TBD
League Fees: $TBD/player for the 6 Menifee teams. $TBD/team for Brandon's Diner and North County (based on a 14-man roster).
Make checks payable to Steve Baranick or Joe Hansell.
Pitching Screens: The Monday league board of directors has unanimously agreed that pitching screens are to be used only for Monday league games, batting practices, and other league-sanctioned events. They are not to be used for any other purpose.
We will be having batting practices:
- Wednesdays at BLD/Perris, 9:00 am
- Mondays (while on hiatus) and Fridays at Spencer's Crossing/Murrieta, 9:00 am
Schedule (next games)
| 9:00 am
| 10:30 am
|Home team listed first
2016 SSUSA Rule Changes
Several rule changes/clarifications were approved by the SSUSA Rules Committee and went into effect on December 4, 2015.
MVUDSS will incorporate the following SSUSA rule changes, new league Rule 4, and updated league Rule 20 into its spring 2016 season:
- Intentionally Dropped Fly Ball (1.37) - Added to this rule that the ball is dead.
- Wind or Sun Affecting Both Pitchers (6.16) - Changed the EFFECT at end of section to "If the sun is affecting the batter's ability to see the ball, the umpire may allow the pitcher to pitch from up to six feet on either side of the pitching rubber, at the side chosen by the batter as the only remedy. If allowed, this ruling shall be applied on a full-inning basis only."
- Four-Base Award (8.4(7)) - Added batter-runner and runners on base would be allowed to "hit and sit."
- Flip-Flop Rule (5.5(2)) - This SSUSA rule change making the flip-flop rule mandatory for regular season games was not adopted by the league. Refer to current league Rule 12.