The January 9 regular season rainout games have been rescheduled for January 23 and the playoffs for January 30.
Refer to the Fall 2016 Schedule of Games - Rev. 6 under the Schedule & Standings page on this website.
If we're rained out again, the aforementioned games will slip to January 30 and February 6.
The ORIGINAL January 2 regular season rainout games (Schedule - Rev. 3) were rescheduled for the following week January 9 and the playoffs for January 23 due to the recent rainout. Please ignore Schedule - Rev. 4.
Refer to the Fall 2016 Schedule of Games - Rev. 5 under the Schedule & Standings page on this website.
If we're rained out again, the aforementioned games will slip to January 23 and January 30.
Effective January 2, 2017, after the last game of the day on your field, the home team will be responsible for taking down the pitching screen and bringing it to one of the board members.
Several rule changes/clarifications were approved by the SSUSA Rules Committee and went into effect on Dec. 1, 2016.
With the exception of SSUSA Rule 6.16B, MVUDSS will incorporate those SSUSA rule changes into its remaining fall 2016 season and spring 2017 season. See 2017 SSUSA Rule Changes below.
The Annual AED (defibrillator) Training Course was held on Wednesday, December 14 after BP (around 12 pm) at BLD.
AED Program Manager Mike Fagan demonstrated the proper use of the AED unit concurrent with CPR when a cardiac incident occurs.
Brandon's Diner is unable to field a team on January 2, 2017. Their 2 games will be forfeited unless we're rained out.
Schedule change: 12:00 game on BLD2 moved to 9:00 on BLD1; 12:00 game on BLD1 moved to 10:30 on BLD1.
Refer to the Fall 2016 Schedule of Games - Rev. 4 under the Schedule & Standings page on this website.
If we are rained out, the original January 2 games will be moved to January 9 and the playoffs to January 23.
The November 28 rainout games on BLD1 were rescheduled for this WEDNESDAY November 30.
The November 28 rainout games on BLD2 were rescheduled for the following week December 5.
The December 5 12:00 pm game (B-E) was rescheduled for December 19.
Refer to the Fall 2016 Schedule of Games - Rev. 3 under the Schedule & Standings page on this website.
(If there are more rainouts, we may have to schedule some 1:30 pm games.)
The October 24 rainout games were rescheduled for the following week October 31.
Refer to the Fall 2016 Schedule of Games - Rev. 2 under the Schedule & Standings page on this website.
The 24-Oct (Wk 7) games on BLD2 and 19-Dec (Wk 15) games on BLD1 were changed to eliminate split doubleheaders.
Refer to the Fall 2016 Schedule of Games - Rev. 1 under the Schedule & Standings page on this website.
The Fall 2016/Spring 2017 draft was held on Monday, August 29 and Wednesday, August 31.
The 8-team Fall 2016 14-game regular season started on September 12, 2016 and will run through January 2, 2017;
followed by a single-elimination playoff on January 9, 2017.
A new page identifying businesses and services provided by some of our league players has been added to this website.
If you'd like to advertise, please give your business card to Steve Baranick.
Refer to the Businesses/Services page under "More".
- All teams will be seeded based on the SSUSA seeding criteria.
- The top four teams will play a single-elimination playoff for the league championship.
- Teams may pick up players from the league players, the waiting list, or the player pool.
- The higher seed will have its choice of home or visitor.
- Awards will be presented to the two playoff finalists.
Rule Additions/Changes: Rosters - Rule 4, Pickup Players - Rule 6, and Injury Rule - Rule 15
League Fees: $40/player for the 6 Menifee teams. $560/team for Brandon's Diner and North County (based on a 14-man roster).
Fee due Monday, September 12. Make checks payable to Steve Baranick or Joe Hansell.
Pitching Screens: The Monday league board of directors has unanimously agreed that pitching screens are to be used only for Monday league games, batting practices, and other league-sanctioned events. They are not to be used for any other purpose.
We will be having batting practices:
Schedule (next games)
| 9:00 am
||Eight Balls vs. Brandon's Diner
||North County vs. Yellow Snow
| 10:30 am
|Brandon's Diner vs. Yellow Snow
||Eight Balls vs. North County
| 12:00 pm
||White Time to Win vs. 55 Shades of Gray
|Blues Brothers vs. Blue Bolts
|Home team listed first
No Games on January 16, 2017.
2017 SSUSA Rule Changes
Several rule changes/clarifications were approved by the SSUSA Rules Committee and went into effect on December 1, 2016.
With the exception of SSUSA Rule 6.16B, MVUDSS will incorporate the following SSUSA rule changes into its remaining fall 2016 season and spring 2017 season:
CHOPPED BALL (1.13) – Definition amended at the end of the EFFECT to clarify and affirmatively state that the ball is dead.
BATTER‐RUNNER REACHING FIRST BASE (8.4(1)) – Rule was amended to add the phrase “...must touch some portion of the double bag extending into foul territory...” in order to remove confusion by some that touching both the orange and white bag simultaneously results in an out being called. It is NOT an out.
- COMMITMENT LINE (8.8) – Rule was amended to clarify that after a runner is tagged by a defender on the home plate side of the commitment line and is declared safe, it remains a live ball and he DOES NOT have to proceed to the scoring plate or cross the scoring line.
- DEAD BALL (9.1X) – Rule was amended to define the effect of a batted ball striking an umpire in fair territory. If in front of, or before being touched by, an infielder: Batter awarded 1st base and on base runners advance only if forced. Otherwise: Live ball.
- WIND OR SUN AFFECTING BOTH PITCHERS OR SUN AFFECTING BATTERS (6.16B) – The SSUSA amendment to repeal the 2015 rule, allowing the umpire to move the pitcher (and pitching screen) laterally 6 feet when the sun is affecting the batter, was not adopted by our league; i.e. the current rule will remain. Refer to league Rule 17.c.(5).