The First Annual Tournament for Wounded Warriors on February 26, 2014 was a big success!
The Fall 2014/Spring 2015 player draft was held on Monday, August 25, 2014.
The Spring 2015 17-game regular season will start on January 26 and run through June 22; it will be followed by a 3-week single-elimination/double-elimination playoff from June 29 through July 13.
- Division 1: A-Mean Joe Green, B-Red Wave, C-Eight Balls, G-North County
- Division 2: D-Bleedin' Blue, E-White Team, Wong Time, F-Goin' Long and Deep, H-Brandon's Diner
- All teams will be seeded based on the SSUSA seeding criteria, except that the division winners will be Seeded #1 and #2.
- Seeds #4 - #8 will play a single-elimination playoff with the winner joining Seeds #1, #2, and #3 in a double-elimination playoff for the league championship.
- Teams may only pick up players from teams not playing that day, the waiting list, or the player pool.
- The higher seed will have its choice of home or visitor.
- Awards will be presented to the two playoff finalist teams.
Rule Clarification: Pitcher's protective face mask must be worn over the face. Sorry, but duh!
Rule Changes: Refer to Rules 15-Over-the-Fence Rule, 16-Pitching Screen, and 17-Playoffs.
League Fees: $TBD/player for the 6 Menifee teams and $TBD/team for Brandon's Diner and North County.
We will be having batting practices:
- Wednesdays at BLD/Perris, 9:00 am
- Mondays (while on hiatus) and Fridays at Spencer's Crossing, 9:00 am
Schedule (next game)
|Brandon's Diner vs. Mean Joe Green *
||Eight Balls vs. Bleedin' Blue *
||Red Wave vs. Brandon's Diner *
|White Team, Wong Time vs. Goin' Long & Deep
|Home team listed first, except games with an asterisk (*) require a coin flip.
2014 SSUSA Rule Changes
Several rule changes were approved by the SSUSA Rules Committee and went into effect on December 6, 2013. MVUDSS will incorporate the following SSUSA rule changes plus Rule 5 and 17 league rule changes regarding pickups and playoffs into its fall 2014 season:
- Commitment Line - The commitment line will be moved from 20 to 30 feet from the home plate/scoring line to reflect the move (over the years) of the base distance from 60 to 70 feet.
- Face Masks for Pitchers - Pitchers will be required to wear protective face masks.
- Hit & Sit - On an over-the-fence home run, the batter and base runners will not be required to secure the next base. They can simply return to the dugout.
- Crossing or Touching Batters Box - A base runner who runs through or over the batters box attempting to score will be out.