The March 2 games have been RAINED OUT.
Both the February 23 and March 2 rainout games will be rescheduled for later in the season.
The Fall 2014/Spring 2015 player draft was held on Monday, August 25, 2014.
The Spring 2015 14-game regular season will start on January 26 and run through June 8; it will be followed by a 3-week double-elimination playoff from June 15 through June 29.
- All teams will be seeded based on the SSUSA seeding criteria.
- All teams will play a double-elimination playoff for the league championship.
- Teams may pick up players from the league players, the waiting list, or the player pool.
- The higher seed will have its choice of home or visitor.
- Awards will be presented to the two playoff finalist teams.
Rule Clarification: Pitcher's protective face mask must be worn over the face. Sorry, but duh!
Rule Changes: Refer to Rules 15-Over-the-Fence Rule, 16-Pitching Screen, and 17-Playoffs.
League Fees: $45/player for the 6 Menifee teams and $540/team for Brandon's Diner and North County.
We will be having batting practices:
- Wednesdays at BLD/Perris, 9:00 am
- Mondays (while on hiatus) and Fridays at Spencer's Crossing, 9:00 am
Schedule (next game)
||March 2 - RAINED OUT
||North County vs. White Team, Wong Time
||Bleedin' Blue vs. Red Wave
||Goin' Long & Deep vs. North County
||Mean Joe Green vs. Eight Balls
|Home team listed first.
2014 SSUSA Rule Changes
Several rule changes were approved by the SSUSA Rules Committee and went into effect on December 6, 2013. MVUDSS will incorporate the following SSUSA rule changes plus Rules 15, 16, and 17 league rule changes into its spring 2015 season:
- Commitment Line - The commitment line will be moved from 20 to 30 feet from the home plate/scoring line to reflect the move (over the years) of the base distance from 60 to 70 feet.
- Face Masks for Pitchers - Pitchers will be required to wear protective face masks.
- Hit & Sit - On an over-the-fence home run, the batter and base runners will not be required to secure the next base. They can simply return to the dugout.
- Crossing or Touching Batters Box - A base runner who runs through or over the batters box attempting to score will be out.