The January 11 rainout games have been rescheduled for January 18. If there are no more rainouts, the current season will end one week later than originally planned. Refer to the Fall 2015 Schedule of Games - Rev. 5 under the Schedule & Standings page on this website for the new schedule.
The January 4 rainout games have been rescheduled for January 11. If there are no more rainouts, the current season will end one week later than originally planned. Refer to the Fall 2015 Schedule of Games - Rev. 3 under the Schedule & Standings page on this website for the new schedule.
The Fall 2015/Spring 2016 player draft was held on Monday, August 24 and Wednesday, August 26, 2015.
The Fall 2015 14-game regular season started on September 14, 2015 and will run through January 25, 2016; followed by a single-elimination playoff on February 1, 2016.
- All teams will be seeded based on the SSUSA seeding criteria.
- The top four teams will play a single-elimination playoff for the league championship.
- Teams may pick up players from the league players, the waiting list, or the player pool.
- The higher seed will have its choice of home or visitor.
- Awards will be presented to the two playoff finalist teams.
Rule Changes: Refer to Rule 4: Defense, Rule 15: Over-the-Fence Home Run, Rule 16: Pitching Screen, and Rule 17: Playoffs.
League Fees: $45/player for the 6 Menifee teams and approximately $580/team for Brandon's Diner and North County.
Pitching Screens: The Monday league board of directors has unanimously agreed that pitching screens are to be used only for Monday league games, batting practices, and other league-sanctioned events. They are not to be used for any other purpose.
We will be having batting practices:
- Wednesdays at BLD/Perris, 9:00 am
- Mondays (while on hiatus) and Fridays at Wheatfield Park - Menifee, 9:00 am
Schedule (next games)
||February 8 - Playoffs
| 9:00 am
||Brandon's Diner vs. North County
(Seed #1) (Seed #4)
|55 Shades of Gray vs. The Late Show
(Seed #2) (Seed #3)
|Home team listed first
2016 SSUSA Rule Changes
Several rule changes/clarifications were approved by the SSUSA Rules Committee and went into effect on December 4, 2015. MVUDSS will incorporate the following SSUSA rule changes plus Rules 4, 15, 16, and 17 league rule changes into the remainder of its fall 2015 season and into its spring 2016 season:
- Intentionally Dropped Fly Ball (1.37) - Added to this rule that the ball is dead.
- Wind or Sun Affecting Both Pitchers (6.16) - Changed the EFFECT at end of section to "If the sun is affecting the batter's ability to see the ball, the umpire may allow the pitcher to pitch from up to six feet on either side of the pitching rubber, at the side chosen by the batter as the only remedy. If allowed, this ruling shall be applied on a full-inning basis only."
- Four-Base Award (8.4(7)) - Added batter-runner and runners on base would be allowed to "hit and sit."
- Flip-Flop Rule (5.5(2)) - This SSUSA rule change making the flip-flop rule mandatory for regular season games was not adopted by the league. Refer to current league Rule 11.