April 11, 2016: Happy Anniversary, Menifee Valley Upper Division Senior Softball
Because El Nino did not have the expected impact on our game schedule and the availability of Torrey Pines Park when games are rained out at BLD, the schedule has been updated to eliminate one double header for each of the six local teams and four 12:00 pm games by extending the season one week.
The end of the regular season will slip to July 11 and the playoffs to July 18.
Refer to the Spring 2016 Schedule of Games - Rev. 5 under the Schedule & Standings page on this website.
The 3rd Annual Wounded Warrior Project Benefit Tournament was held at BLD/Perris on Wednesday, February 24, 2016.
The Spring 2016 14-game regular season started on February 22, 2016 and will run through June 27, 2016; followed by a single-elimination playoff on July 11, 2016.
* All teams will be seeded based on the SSUSA seeding criteria.
* The top four teams will play a single-elimination playoff for the league championship.
* Teams may pick up players from the league players, the waiting list, or the player pool.
* The higher seed will have its choice of home or visitor.
* Awards will be presented to the two playoff finalists.
Rule Additions/Changes: Refer to Rule 4: Rosters and Rule 20: Protests.
League Fees: $35/player for the 6 Menifee teams. $490/team for Brandon's Diner and North County (based on a 14-man roster).
Make checks payable to Steve Baranick or Joe Hansell.
Pitching Screens: The Monday league board of directors has unanimously agreed that pitching screens are to be used only for Monday league games, batting practices, and other league-sanctioned events. They are not to be used for any other purpose.
We will be having batting practices:
- Wednesdays at BLD/Perris, 9:00 am
- Mondays (while on hiatus) and Fridays at Wheatfield Park - Menifee, 9:00 am
Schedule (next games)
| 9:00 am
||White Brigade vs. 55 Shades of Gray
||RedE 2 Roll vs. Brandon's Diner
|The Boys in Blue vs. The Late Show
||Brandon's Diner vs. Blue Bolts
|Home team listed first
No games on Memorial Day, May 30.
2016 SSUSA Rule Changes
Several rule changes/clarifications were approved by the SSUSA Rules Committee and went into effect on December 4, 2015.
MVUDSS will incorporate the following SSUSA rule changes, new league Rule 4, and updated league Rule 20 into its spring 2016 season:
- Intentionally Dropped Fly Ball (1.37) - Added to this rule that the ball is dead.
- Wind or Sun Affecting Both Pitchers (6.16) - Changed the EFFECT at end of section to "If the sun is affecting the batter's ability to see the ball, the umpire may allow the pitcher to pitch from up to six feet on either side of the pitching rubber, at the side chosen by the batter as the only remedy. If allowed, this ruling shall be applied on a full-inning basis only."
- Four-Base Award (8.4(7)) - Added batter-runner and runners on base would be allowed to "hit and sit."
- Flip-Flop Rule (5.5(2)) - This SSUSA rule change making the flip-flop rule mandatory for regular season games was not adopted by the league. Refer to current league Rule 11.