The October 25 rainout game between The Mashers (E) and Greyhounds (G) was moved to Week 17 December 13. Also, the Week 17 10:30 and 12:00 games on BLD1 were swapped.
Refer to the Fall 2021 Schedule of Games – REV. 2 under the Schedule & Standings page.
The next board meeting will be held on Friday, November 12, 12:00 pm, the Pizza Factory/Menifee.
Topics to be discussed will include action items and the 1st Annual Christmas Charity Tournament.
The September 28, 2021 board meeting minutes has been posted on the Board Minutes page.
COVID-19 protocols are no longer in effect. However, should we return to these protocols,
please review the “COVID-19 Safety Measures”.
Schedule (next games)
|Week 11 – November 1, 2021|
|9:00||Red Wave (F) vs. Top Banana (B)||Greyhounds (G) vs. Sammy’s Cafe|
|10:30||White, the New Gray (C) vs. Greyhounds (G) *||Sammy’s Cafe vs. North County|
|12:00||The Mashers (E) vs. Royal PITA x 4 (D)||North County vs. Marooned (A)|
Home team listed first. * 2nd game of doubleheader.
Week 10 games October 25 and Week 11 games November 1 are being swapped to accommodate the Sammy’s Cafe players attending the funeral of Ralph Hernandez’s daughter on Monday, October 25.
Refer to the Fall 2021 Schedule of Games – REV. 1 under the Schedule & Standings page.
The final draft list, draft order, rosters with player ratings, rules, schedule, standings, and Player Finder files have been posted on their respective website pages. Two new policies, Manager Assistant Policy and Player Commuting Policy, have also been posted.
On the fall start date, players will be required to sign a BLD waiver (similar to the SSUSA waiver).
Players will also be required to sign the MVUDSS “Waiver/Hold Harmless Player Agreement” and pay a league fee.
The 2021 Fall Season will start on Monday, August 23, 2021.
PLAYER FINDER PROGRAM: When missing a player(s), this program will list all potential local team and pool pickup players for that missing player(s). Refer to the Player Finder page.
Board members’ job descriptions added to the Board of Directors page.
It has come to our attention that there is a safety concern during the pre-9:00 am games batting practice when one team hits from the infield and the other team hits from an outfield corner. Effective immediately:
On the replica fields: (1) in games involving out-of-area teams vs. local teams, both teams will hit from the infield, and (2) in games involving local teams only, both teams will combine to hit from the right field corner.
On the minor league fields, either (1) or (2) above is OK independent of the teams involved in the game.
It appears that some may not be aware that league historical information such as pictures, archives (final standings, playoff/tournament results, a brief summary article for every season), disabled veterans tournaments, an In Memoriam page, etc. can be found under “Useful Links”.
There seems to be some confusion as to which fields are BLD1 and BLD2. As you are aware, a sign is posted at the entrance to the park indicating which of the six fields we will be using. The first field listed will be BLD1; the second field listed will be BLD2.
After the last game on a given field, the home team will be responsible for taking down the pitching screen and giving it to Steve Baranick or one of the other Board members. However, if the last game involves only one local team, that team will take down the screen.
A new page identifying businesses and services provided by some of our players has been added to this website.
If you’d like to advertise, please give your business card to Steve Baranick.
Refer to the Businesses/Services page under “Useful Links”.
A 16-game regular season will start on August 23 and will run through December 20, 2021.
No games on August 30 to accommodate players participating in the Ken Perez Memorial Tournament in Carlsbad.
Games are currently scheduled to be played on Labor Day/September 6 unless the weekend tournament is extended to Monday, September 6.
There will be two doubleheaders for each of the local teams in the initial schedule; however, this may change and/or the season may even be extended a week or two to make up games due to rainouts/cancellations.
Tournament Format (when less than 15 regular season games)
- All teams will be seeded based on the SSUSA seeding criteria.
- All league teams will play an end-of-season 2-day single-elimination tournament.
- Teams may pick up players from the league players, the waiting list, or the player pool.
- The higher seed will have its choice of home or visitor.
- Separate awards will be presented to the regular season champions and the tournament champions.
Refer to the Rules-Fall 2021 file (Rule 20.) on the Rules & Policies page.
2021 SSUSA Rule Changes
Several rule changes/clarifications were approved by the SSUSA Rules Committee and went into effect on December 9, 2020. MVUDSS reviewed and adopted two of the following rule changes into its Spring and Fall 2021 Seasons.
- §1.48.B • OBSTRUCTION – Defenders no longer can block a base legally while waiting on a throw to arrive. Now, to avoid being called for obstruction for impeding a runner legally running the bases, a defender must have possession of the ball or be in the act of fielding a batted ball. – ADOPTED
- §7.3(1) • ERASING THE BATTER’S BOX – A two-step penalty has been implemented for intentionally erasing any portion of the batter’s box. Previously, the act resulted in an ejection. Going forward, it will be an out for the first offense and an inning-ending out for the second offense involving the same team in the same game. If the person who erases the box (such as a manager or a catcher) is not due to bat next, the next batter for that team will be declared out. – ADOPTED
- §5.5(3) • MERCY RULE – 15 runs after five innings or 20 runs after four innings. – NOT ADOPTED
Rule Additions / Changes
The following rules were modified/clarified/added for the Spring and Fall 2021 Seasons:
Refer to the redlines in the Rules-Fall 2021 file under the Rules & Policies pages.
- Rule 8. Pickup Players: … Each player will receive a Draft Position and a BOD Rating:
(1) Draft Position determined by the order in which he is drafted and (2) BOD Rating determined by the league board.
When missing a player, the
BOD RatingDraft Position of the pickup player must be the same or lower than the Draft Position of the missing player. Exception: A 5 BOD RatingDraft Position may also replace a 6 Draft Position.
The Rating Procedure for Local Players Policy has also been updated.
The BOD Rating is provided only as an aid to league managers during the player draft. …
- Rule 12.b. Mercy Rule: No mercy rule.
- Rule 20. Tournament: A 2-day single-elimination tournament will be held during seasons with less than 15 regular season games per team. …
- Rule 27. Illegal Player: If it is discovered during a game, by a player, manager, umpire, board member, etc. (i.e. not only by the offended team), that a team is playing with an illegal player, …
- Rule 28. Obliterating the Batter’s Box: A batter, or any player, who in the umpire’s judgment, deliberately erases any portion of the batter’s box will be called out. A second offense by the same batter/player, in the same game, will result in
the player’s ejection from the gamean inning-ending out.
$45/player league fee for the Fall 2021 Season.
The Monday league board of directors has unanimously agreed that pitching screens are to be used only for Monday league games, batting practices, and other league-sanctioned events.
They are not to be used for any other purpose.
We will be having batting practices:
- Mondays (while on hiatus), Wednesdays, and Fridays at Wheatfield Park/Menifee, Lago Vista/Menifee, Torrey Pines/Murrieta, or Spencer’s Crossing/Murrieta, 8:00 am
For directions to the parks, refer to the Maps page in the sidebar menu under “Useful Links”.
- NO 9:00 am Wednesday BPs at BLD/Perris until further notice.