3/2/21 COVID-19 UPDATE: BLD TO RESUME PLAY
Effective March 2, 2021, adult sports may resume play in Riverside County.
Since BLD requires 3 weeks to prepare the park/fields for its reopening and since our league does not play on 3/22 and 3/29 due to the Spring Worlds, the earliest possible date for our league to resume play at BLD is April 5.
Adrian Williams, director at BLD/Perris, will confirm this date later this month.
Our next board meeting will be held on TBD, 12:00 pm, the Pizza Factory/Menifee.
Topics will include action items and the resumption of play at BLD.
The February 23, 2021 board meeting/player draft minutes has been posted on the Board Minutes page.
Schedule (next games)
|Week 2||March 8, 2021|
|9:00 am||Unforgettables (C) vs. Team D|
|10:30 am||Team B vs. Untouchables (E)|
|12:00 pm||Team F vs. Team A|
Home team listed first.
The Spring 2021 season started on Monday, March 1, 2021 at Fieldview Park in the city of Winchester.
Directions to the park (from 15 Fwy): CA-79N/Winchester Rd (toward Hemet), 2.5 miles, right on Auld Rd, 2.8 miles, left onto Washington St, park is on your left.
Please review the “Return to Play Guidelines” on the Rules & Policies page.
On the spring playing start date, players will be required to sign the MVUDSS “Waiver/Hold Harmless Player Agreement”.
Note: When BLD reopens, players will be required to sign a BLD waiver (similar to the SSUSA waiver).
The spring season draft list, rosters with player ratings, rules, schedule, and standings have been posted on their respective website pages with the results of the player draft. The Player Finder page has also been posted.
10/30/20 COVID-19 UPDATE: CHRISTMAS TOURNAMENT 2020 CANCELED
The Christmas tournament scheduled for December 3-4, 2020 has been canceled. Team managers have been contacted regarding the cancellation and asked if they would like to sign up for the Bob Kapeller Memorial Tournament (BKMT) 2021 which hopefully will be held in late-February 2021. Unlike the previous one-day BKMTs, this one will be a 2-day tournament.
10/19/20 COVID-19 UPDATE: ABBREVIATED FALL 2020 SEASON CANCELED
Over the past several months, your Monday League board had prepared for a Summer League season, a Summer League tournament, a Fall League season, and a Fall League tournament; one or more to be played depending upon when BLD reopened.
PLAYER FINDER PROGRAM:
When missing a player(s), this program will list all potential local team and pool pickup players for that missing player(s).
Refer to the Player Finder page.
Board members’ job descriptions added to the Board of Directors page.
It has come to our attention that there is a safety concern during the pre-9:00 am games batting practice when one team hits from the infield and the other team hits from an outfield corner. Effective immediately:
On the replica fields: (1) in games involving out-of-area teams vs. local teams, both teams will hit from the infield, and (2) in games involving local teams only, both teams will combine to hit from the right field corner.
On the minor league fields, either (1) or (2) above is OK independent of the teams involved in the game.
It appears that some may not be aware that league historical information such as pictures, archives (final standings, playoff/tournament results, a brief summary article for every season), disabled veterans tournaments, an In Memoriam page, etc. can be found under “Useful Links”.
There seems to be some confusion as to which fields are BLD1 and BLD2. As you are aware, a sign is posted at the entrance to the park indicating which of the six fields we will be using. The first field listed will be BLD1; the second field listed will be BLD2.
After the last game on a given field, the local home team will be responsible for taking down the pitching screen and giving it to Steve Baranick or one of the other Board members. However, if the last game involves only one local team, that team will take down the screen.
A new page identifying businesses and services provided by some of our players has been added to this website.
If you’d like to advertise, please give your business card to Steve Baranick.
Refer to the Businesses/Services page under “Useful Links”.
The Spring 2021 Season playing start date is tentatively scheduled for March 1, 2021.
- All teams will be seeded based on the SSUSA seeding criteria.
- All league teams will play a post-season single-elimination tournament.
- Teams may pick up players from the league players, the waiting list, or the player pool.
- The higher seed will have its choice of home or visitor.
- Separate awards will be presented to the regular season champions and the tournament champions.
Refer to the Rules-Spring 2021 file (Rule 20.) on the Rules & Policies page.
2021 SSUSA Rule Changes
Several rule changes/clarifications were approved by the SSUSA Rules Committee and went into effect on December 9, 2020. MVUDSS reviewed and adopted two of the following rule changes into its Spring 2021 Season.
- §1.48.B • OBSTRUCTION – Defenders no longer can block a base legally while waiting on a throw to arrive. Now, to avoid being called for obstruction for impeding a runner legally running the bases, a defender must have possession of the ball or be in the act of fielding a batted ball. – ADOPTED
- §7.3(1) • ERASING THE BATTER’S BOX – A two-step penalty has been implemented for intentionally erasing any portion of the batter’s box. Previously, the act resulted in an ejection. Going forward, it will be an out for the first offense and an inning-ending out for the second offense involving the same team in the same game. If the person who erases the box (such as a manager or a catcher) is not due to bat next, the next batter for that team will be declared out. – ADOPTED
- §5.5(3) • MERCY RULE – 15 runs after five innings or 20 runs after four innings. – NOT ADOPTED
Rule Additions / Changes
The following rules were modified/clarified/added for the Spring 2021 Season:
Refer to the redlines in the Rules-Spring 2021 file under the Rules & Policies pages.
- Rule 27. Obliterating the Batter’s Box: A batter, or any player, who in the umpire’s judgment, deliberately erases any portion of the batter’s box will be called out. A second offense by the same batter/player, in the same game, will result in
the player’s ejection from the gamean inning-ending out.
- Rule 12.b. Mercy Rule: No mercy rule.
No league fees for the Spring 2021 Season
The league will return the Spring 2020 Season balance as a credit toward the Fall 2021 Season league fee (assuming BLD has reopened).
The Monday league board of directors has unanimously agreed that pitching screens are to be used only for Monday league games, batting practices, and other league-sanctioned events.
They are not to be used for any other purpose.
We will be having batting practices: