The November 13, 2020 board meeting minutes has been posted on the Board Minutes page.
Our next board meeting will be held on TBD, 12:00 pm, at the Pizza Factory/Menifee.
Topics will include action items, the Spring 2021 Season, and the Bob Kapeller Memorial Tournament 2021.
As always, league players are welcome to attend.
League players have been e-mailed an EVITE – an online invitation to sign up for the Spring 2021 Season.
Upon receipt, please respond ASAP in order to be included in the player draft.
You may also e-mail/text league president Steve Baranick, email@example.com or 951-870-0114 regarding your availability.
Please review the “Return to Play Guidelines” on the Rules & Policies page.
On the “actual” spring playing start date, players will be required to:
(1) sign the MVUDSS “Waiver/Hold Harmless Player Agreement”,
(2) sign a BLD waiver (similar to the SSUSA waiver), and
(3) pay the league fee (refer to League Fees below)
Schedule (next games)
|Week 1||Start of Spring 2021 Season – TBD|
Home team listed first.
The spring season draft list, rosters with player ratings, rules, schedule, and standings will be posted on their respective website pages with the results of the player draft. The Player Finder page will also be posted.
10/30/20 COVID-19 UPDATE: CHRISTMAS TOURNAMENT 2020 CANCELED
The Christmas tournament scheduled for December 3-4, 2020 has been canceled. Team managers have been contacted regarding the cancellation and asked if they would like to sign up for the Bob Kapeller Memorial Tournament (BKMT) 2021 which hopefully will be held in late-February 2021. Unlike the previous one-day BKMTs, this one will be a 2-day tournament.
10/19/20 COVID-19 UPDATE: ABBREVIATED FALL 2020 SEASON CANCELED
Over the past several months, your Monday League board had prepared for a Summer League season, a Summer League tournament, a Fall League season, and a Fall League tournament; one or more to be played depending upon when BLD reopened.
PLAYER FINDER PROGRAM:
When missing a player(s), this program will list all potential local team and pool pickup players for that missing player(s).
Refer to the Player Finder page.
Board members’ job descriptions added to the Board of Directors page.
It has come to our attention that there is a safety concern during the pre-9:00 am games batting practice when one team hits from the infield and the other team hits from an outfield corner. Effective immediately:
On the replica fields: (1) in games involving out-of-area teams vs. local teams, both teams will hit from the infield, and (2) in games involving local teams only, both teams will combine to hit from the right field corner.
On the minor league fields, either (1) or (2) above is OK independent of the teams involved in the game.
It appears that some may not be aware that league historical information such as pictures, archives (final standings, playoff/tournament results, a brief summary article for every season), disabled veterans tournaments, an In Memoriam page, etc. can be found under “Useful Links”.
There seems to be some confusion as to which fields are BLD1 and BLD2. As you are aware, a sign is posted at the entrance to the park indicating which of the six fields we will be using. The first field listed will be BLD1; the second field listed will be BLD2.
After the last game on a given field, the local home team will be responsible for taking down the pitching screen and giving it to Steve Baranick or one of the other Board members. However, if the last game involves only one local team, that team will take down the screen.
A new page identifying businesses and services provided by some of our players has been added to this website.
If you’d like to advertise, please give your business card to Steve Baranick.
Refer to the Businesses/Services page under “Useful Links”.
The Spring 2021 Season playing start date is tentatively scheduled for mid to late-April 2021.
The format has not yet been determined.
- All teams will be seeded based on the SSUSA seeding criteria.
- All league teams will play a post-season single-elimination tournament.
- Teams may pick up players from the league players, the waiting list, or the player pool.
- The higher seed will have its choice of home or visitor.
- Separate awards will be presented to the regular season champions and the tournament champions.
Refer to the Rules-Spring 2021 file (Rule 20.) on the Rules & Policies page.
2021 SSUSA Rule Changes
Several rule changes/clarifications were approved by the SSUSA Rules Committee and went into effect on December 9, 2020. MVUDSS will review the following rule changes and, if adopted, will include them into its Spring and Fall 2021 Seasons.
- §X.X • ERASING THE BATTER’S BOX – A two-step penalty has been implemented for intentionally erasing any portion of the batter’s box. Previously, the act resulted in an ejection. Going forward, it will be an out for the first offense and an inning-ending out for the second offense involving the same team in the same game. If the person who erases the box (such as a manager or a catcher) is not due to bat next, the next batter for that team will be declared out.
- §X.X • MERCY RULE – 15 runs after five innings or 20 runs after four innings.
- §X.X • OBSTRUCTION – Defenders no longer can block a base legally while waiting on a throw to arrive. Now, to avoid being called for obstruction for impeding a runner legally running the bases, a defender must have possession of the ball or be in the act of fielding a batted ball.
Rule Additions / Changes
The following rules were modified/clarified/added for the Spring and Fall 2021 Seasons:
Rules: To be supplied pending board approval of any of the above new SSUSA rules.
Refer to the redlines in the Rules-Spring 2021.
$45/player for all new players; $25/player for returning players from the Spring 2020 Season;
$20/player refund for non-returning players from the Spring 2020 Season
Fee due on the “actual” playing start date of the Spring 2021 Season.
Make checks payable to Steve Baranick or Joe Hansell. DO NOT make them payable to MVUDSS.
The Monday league board of directors has unanimously agreed that pitching screens are to be used only for Monday league games, batting practices, and other league-sanctioned events.
They are not to be used for any other purpose.
We will be having batting practices: